A List of Things That Stress Me Out

The following is a list of things, in no particular order, that are currently contributing to my anxious state of existence:

  • spiders
Spiders are so important for our environment to function but... like... stay in your lane. I don't go outside, you don't come inside. Please. My grandpa always told me spiders are more scared of me than I am of them, but I don't know about that anymore, Grandpa. There are more spiders on Earth than there are people. They could be lurking, preparing for world domination. We don't know. 
  • also snakes
THEY HAVE SHARP TEETH. WHERE ARE THEIR BONES. NO THANKS.
  • the apocalypse
When the apocalypse happens, I won't be able to get conditioner so my hair won't be soft. Also I won't be able to get my heart medication and there will be no painkillers so I will die and be able to feel every second of it!!  
  • college + a career???
The future is terrifying and I am too young to be sure of what I want to do and where I want to be.
  • homework
How is there so much of it and what happened to my work ethic I used to kind of have one.
  • America
we messed that one up real bad. the more i learn the less i wanna know. gotta throw it all out tbh.
  • selfies
I want to take a picture of myself and feel good about it but it takes so long to get a good selfie and if I'm outside people can see me and they judge me but no, ma'am, this lighting is just really good please stop looking at me.
  • death
how will i die?? when will i die?? will i get a kinda cool death that will earn a wikipedia like that guy who got electrocuted onstage by his own guitar? what happens to my conscience also will i be pretty in the afterlife?? i have so many questions but no one can answer them.
  • other people driving
One time I almost got hit by this guy who was busy making out with someone in the passenger seat. I don't think he ever saw my car but we almost crashed and I think about that a lot.
  • dogs/pets in general
Dogs are so pure and I want the best for all of them (except those four they know who they are). Are pets happy being owned by humans? I want them to be free they deserve better than humans.
  • money
I'm so impulsive and anytime I have money, I get really nervous that I'm going to accidentally spend it all. I think someday I'll need $30 but instead I'll have a snack and a cool blanket.
  • movies
There are so many good movies and I don't have enough time to watch all of them, but I also definitely could if I would stop watching the same five movies over and over again.  
  • old people
Old people stress me out because I can't imagine living that much life and still being a sweet person. I'm not even 18 and I'm always in pain. How awful must they feel at all times? Plus, I really don't want to spend the last several years of my life just waiting to die that seems scary and sad.
  • small children
They are so fragile. I don't want to ruin them. What if I let it slip that Santa isn't real?

There are definitely more things that freak me out, but writing this has made my hands shake, so I'm going to call it "the end" on this post and this blog. 

Kat out. 

Comments

  1. No Kat!!!!!!! Don't be sad!!!! I understand a lot of these things and share your fears (especially the apocalypse, college, america, and selfies.) I admit I also get stressed out about how many movies I absolutely have to see. However some of these things were interesting because I wouldn't have thought to stress about them, like whether or not people are pretty in the afterlife. That's an interesting idea. And I guess you'll have to cross that bridge when you get to it. I don't see why they wouldn't be. I hope that this post was more cathartic than stressful for you, but if not, I'll help you with the movies part of it. We can make a list and a pact to watch them!! <3 good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to tell you how relieved this post made me feel to know that someone else is on the same page as I am. Life is stressful and there's a lot to ponder on top of doing homework, doing laundry, and trying to stay happy. I completely understand where you're coming from and really value your raw honesty because not only is it entertaining as a reader, but its also really relatable. Being able to feel like as a reader, you can connect with the writer is special so I commend you on being able to accomplish that. I'll be frank, on a daily basis, 9/14 of the things you described above cross my mind at least once a day. Point being, I gotcha. You and your blog are fabulous. Don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of these things stress me out, but after a while I just stopped caring about things like death and money, be here for a good time not a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of these things stress me out as well. I hate spiders, but not as much as other things like cockroaches (although my hatred doesn't really correlate to stress). I think about money a lot as well, combined with my professional career. In general, the future is stressful, however if I was given the chance to see what I will end up doing for a living, how and when I will die, or anything else like that, I probably wouldn't because then that would spoil the fun and suspense :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a funny post. I can really hear your voice and it's really enjoyable to read. I agree that snakes and money are hecka stressful, but I'm pretty chill with spiders and death. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fun post to read. I definitely agree that the future is stressful but I try not to worry about it too much because it's out of my hands. I think about most of the things on your list several times a week and it really messes with my head if I think about it too much. Nice Post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun read! I'm also scared of snakes, my future career, and old people. I like how you humorously go into why each of your anxieties make you anxious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a number of favorite moments in this post, but this might be my top fave: "and if I'm outside people can see me and they judge me but no, ma'am, this lighting is just really good please stop looking at me."

    Laundry stresses me out. It is never ending. I can't tell you how many times I'm hustling to put away my laundry on the morning of laundry day so that the baskets are empty so we can start doing MORE laundry. (And everyone else in my family seems to be able to put their laundry away on the day it's done, or maybe the next day. I can't comprehend that.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spiders!!! I've always said that the only reason spiders exist is to eat mosquitos and the only reason mosquitos exist so that spiders have a diet. So if they all went extinct there would be no disruptions right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Crunchy Peanut Butter Eaters

"There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last."